It’s so classic! If you’re a woman, you’ve probably been at the store and seen a dress hanging on the rack with shoes that match the dress perfectly. It’s tempting to buy them together, but do they really go? Are pumps appropriate for all dresses? In short: YES! Pumps are perfect for matching your dress, but all depends on the choice of the color. I mean, you can either go for a classic style and let your shoes match your dress, or you can try a mismatch, but the result should look harmonious. That’s where my story starts.
Buying the wrong shoes can be detrimental to your outfit. Here are some tips for matching up pumps with dresses that will work in any situation.
– When not sure about what pumps to wear, choose something comfortable and in the same color as your dress.
– If the material of the dress is light, like chiffon, a pair of classic toe pumps will go perfectly. Don’t wear something heavy, like platform heels.
– Strappy sundresses are usually worn with strappy heeled pumps.
– For a long dress that falls below the knee, be sure the shoe isn’t so high that it will block any part of your leg from showing in front of you or behind you.
– When wearing a maxi dress, your shoes should be close to the height of your dress in regards to the length. This will keep you from teetering or tipping over.
– If you want to wear short heels with a long dress, make sure the shoes are on the same level as your dress. Don’t wear a pair of four inch heels with a maxi dress.
– Shorter dresses are usually paired with mid heeled pumps because you can’t trip and fall in them easily.
– Short heels are great when the weather is warm. They look cute with dresses on a casual day at work.
– Low heels are best for dresses that you want to flaunt your legs in all areas of your body.
– If you’re going to a wedding and are unsure of what to pair your dress with, choose a low heel, in most cases they are comfortable and easy to wear.
– Make sure your shoes match in design and color with your dress. Even though heels look good with dresses, they don’t necessarily need to all be the same color or shoe style.
– Try to stay away from stilettos when wearing a short dress because it can hurt your toes when the day is done.
– When wearing a casual dress, you can wear colorful pumps if the dress has an elegant and feminine look.
– If you’re wearing a cocktail dress, then your shoes shouldn’t be too high. The lower the heel, the better.
– If you want to wear heels with a cocktail dress, make sure that they aren’t over three inches in height because it won’t look good with such a short dress. It will make your legs look choppy and too tall for your body.
– Don’t wear very high heels if you are going to be walking a lot during the day because your feet will be in pain by night time.
– If you are wearing a dress, try to keep your shoes matched in some way, whether it’s color or design, or something else that relates to your dress.
– Don’t wear shoes that are bright and flashy if you are wearing a classy looking dress. Keep your shoes subtle.