One of the most hotly debated questions in fashion is what shoes to wear with khaki joggers? Should you wear your favorite heels or slip on a pair of sneakers? Here are some tips for how to wear khakis right.
Khaki joggers are ordinary pair of pants which has not yet been sensational enough to make a trend to storm any fashion market. But the demand for these pants is increasing and following are some ways in which you can wear these pants up to the mark.
Understanding which combinations work best is all about understanding proportions.
But before I get into that, I want to make it clear that you don’t need to own every shoe out there before making your decision! You can buy one or two versatile options and then branch out from there. Especially if you’re new, starting off with a basic black pump is totally fine.
Also, it’s easy to turn this look into something a bit different by changing your shoes. For example, swap out that black dress shoe for a Doc Marten or Converse and you’ve got an edgier look, perfect for going out on the weekend.
For today though, we’re going with a classic look. Here are my suggestions of what shoes to wear with khaki joggers:
1) Black Dress Shoes: If you have at least one pair of nice black dress shoes in your closet then these are the easiest option because they go with everything. They work particularly well with a wide leg MC Hammer pant.
2) Navy Dress Shoes: Make it simple and match the color of your pants to your shoes with a pair of navy suede loafers or tassel loafers. The key is to keep the shoe polished and clean. Wearing these with your khakis will make you look put together, rather than sloppy like you’re trying too hard.
3) Heels: Chunky heeled sandals like these can be dressed up or down, just like strappy sandals, but they tend to be more versatile because the chunkier heel is more stable. They’re great to run out in, but also look great with khakis at a summer BBQ or picnic.
4) Espadrilles/Flip Flops: These are both easy options that you can wear casually or dress up depending on the rest of your outfit. For example, I prefer a pedicure with my espadrilles so I’ll pair them with shorts and an untucked blouse for the pool. But when I want to make it more formal, I might swap those out for some wedge flip flops or even some pretty flats.
5) Khaki On Khaki: For this attire, you can either pair your jogger pants with a khaki pair of boots, a plain white t-shirt, or a cute plaid shirt, depending on what you wish to achieve. However, it is not required that you have to wear exactly like that. It all depends on how much time you have spent in styling yourself before heading out. The key to looking great in this attire is making sure that your clothes make a good contrast with the color of these pants.
6) Khaki Joggers and Chunky Sneakers: The next combination involves the use of sneakers along with the khakis. You can wear these sneakers with either formal or casual outfits and these sneakers will look better when having a metallic finish. But make sure that the top that you wear is an appropriate type for this combination.
7) Wear Boots with Khakis: Khakis in combination with a pair of boots is a very versatile combination. This is basically an outfit that can be worn in both the formal as well as informal settings, depending on how you combine it. You can always wear this combination if you want to look more relaxed and fun loving even when you are at an important meeting or a date.