Over the past few seasons you may have noticed that gold heels are everywhere. They’re on the runway, in magazines and even in store displays. At one time they were reserved for just a few designer pairs each season but now you can find ways to wear gold high heels almost anywhere.
But while it’s easy to see why gold heels have gained so much popularity, some women may be a little more hesitant when it comes to wearing them. For example, there’s the obvious concern that you might injure yourself if you step in a puddle of water or trip on the sidewalk. It can also be difficult finding clothes that will look good with gold heels.
TIPS FOR WEARING GOLD HEELS:
1. Choose the right shoe. Gold heels work best with neutral colors, so choose a pair that matches your outfit and don’t think twice about wearing them with shoes in other colors.
2. Wear the right heel height. You want to be able to easily walk and bend without worrying about inadvertently stepping on an ankle-strap or getting caught on something while you’re walking. If you’re unsure, invest in a pair of wedges or ballet flats rather than the pointy heels.
3. Buy quality gold heels. High quality materials often last longer and are safer than those found at discount shoe stores. Don’t compromise quality over price, which can mean replacing a pair of shoes after only a few wearings.
4. Be careful where you step. You’ll probably want to keep your shoes on at all times, but silky fabrics can be easily damaged by mud or water and high heels can slip on uneven surfaces that aren’t designed for them to be walked on.
When you first see gold heels they can be striking. An entire shoe made out of gold is an attention grabber, but wearing some on your feet can draw even more attention. While you may not be willing to wear a pair of gold heels to work (and we wouldn’t recommend it), here’s how to wear them and still look professional:
How To Wear Gold High Heels
1. Office Wear: Although it’s best not to wear these around the office, there are ways to incorporate them as part of your business casual attire. A pair of metallic gold pumps as well as a simple dress or skirt can make for a fun outfit that you can comfortably wear throughout the day.
2. Social Occasion: When dressing for a nighttime event it’s best to wear gold shoes that are more muted in color. A true gold will be too much with most evening attire and can clash with your clothes and accessories, but darker metallic gold heels provide the same element without the fear of looking like you’re headed to a disco. These can also be worn to weddings and other social outings.
3. Business Casual: Instead of wearing your regular pumps consider wearing a pair of metallic gold flat shoes such as T-straps with your business casual outfit. These are great for the office as you’ll be able to walk around more comfortably. They can also be worn by women who don’t want to wear heels all day long.
4. Casual Wear: A great way to incorporate these into your everyday casual wear is to wear them with jeans or leggings and a cute T-shirt or blouse. The metallic gold adds energy and style without the distraction of having too much of a color on your feet.
5. Bling It Out: While most people choose gold shoes only they are not shiny enough, if you prefer something that is even more eye catching you can try wearing some heels with diamonds embedded in them.
6. Earrings: If you aren’t into wearing gold heels then you can try wearing them with some diamond earrings that are also gold.
6. Rings: If you want to take your golden shoes one step further and incorporate them into your jewelry, try wearing a pair of gold rings. These could include gold bangles, bracelets or necklaces depending on what other jewelry you own. You can also wear these as part of an evening look if you don’t want to dress up for the occasion entirely.